Baylis-branded Model V4C-560 Ventilator
Ventilators help to take the strain off of the patient’s lungs, supply oxygen, and simulate the actions of breathing, making them essential devices for the management of severe respiratory illness caused by COVID-19.
The Baylis-branded V4C-560 is alimited scope, invasive mechanical ventilator intended for critical care use. The Baylis-branded V4C-560 ventilator is a compact, lightweight, and portable ventilator that provides airway support for both adults and children. The ventilator is used in various clinical settings, and it also offers mobile respiratory support if necessary.
The manufacture/assembly of FTI Professional Grade Inc.’s Baylis-branded model V4C-560 ventilator is based on a permissive licence for Medtronic’s top-performing Puritan Bennett™ model 560 (PB 560) design and specifications.
- The ventilator’s design has been in operation in over 30 countries since 2010. The device provides healthcare practitioners with a trusted ventilation system that has helped tens of thousands of patients worldwide.
- The Baylis-branded V4C-560 ventilator is compact, lightweight (4.5 kg) and quiet (<30 dBA at 1 m).
- The internal lithium-ion battery provides up to 11 hours of ventilator operation (depending on settings and other factors*.)
- Ventilator parameters and alarm settings are linked to reducing the risk of clinically inappropriate settings.
- A real-time battery life indicator shows how much battery time remains, in hours and minutes (based on the ventilator’s settings.)
- Oxygen enrichment is available using a low-pressure oxygen source. Utilize a measurement kit to monitor FiO2 level
*Note: On a fully charged battery at a setting of PIP = 10 cmH20, VT = 200 ml and rate = 20 bpm. Level adjustments, environmental conditions, and physiological characteristics of the patient affect battery operating time. ™ Trademark pending Medtronic plc.
Disclaimer: The Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilator system has not been cleared United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilator system has been authorized by FDA under an EUA. The Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilator system is authorized only for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of this ventilator system under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.